🙏 Namaste! नमस्ते| 🙏


"Every action you perform is a contribution to some aspect of this world. Being conscious of that should keep you inspired."


Welcome to my blog and my first post! My name is Pawan Deep and I am from Muzaffarpur, Bihar, India. I am a mechanical engineer and a Ph.D. student at the University of Nottingham and hired by Dynatest International A/s.

Inspiration and Motivation are the keys to the journey we take. This blog is about everything that could inspire people and help to motivate them for research and higher studies through my journey as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie fellow. I couldn't be more excited to share my journey up-to this point in my life in this blog post.

I spend my childhood in a sub-metropolitan city.  I moved to Bokaro Steel City, Jharkhand for my high school education in 2007. I had a fun time living there far from my hometown and it was an enriching experience. I also made new friends. After two years, I decided to do Mechanical engineering from VIT university and it was four years of non-stop amazing experiences. I was so lucky to get the exposure to this whole new world of engineering, complemented by meeting new friends from all over the country. India is huge, so are the differences in culture and thus the people I got to meet were really interesting. The time I spend there would always remain as memorable parts of my life. Being in such a place gave me new perspectives. I decided to do a job in Commercial vehicle Manufacturing company 'Ashok Leyland Ltd'. The company has a unique Graduate engineering program which allowed me to learn about all the different aggregates of the truck and buses and actual manufacturing processes. Thereafter the training I worked as a Deputy manager in the Bus manufacturing division for new innovative Bus platforms for 18 months. It helped me to develop as a person for taking responsibility for production and learn people management skills.

Making a bigger impact is important for a sustainable improved future that is impending with the speed of today's innovation, I felt the need to go for higher education and do a Masters from Ecole Centrale de Nantes in France in 2015. I have to say that it takes a leap of faith to take steps out of your comfort zone and I must say that this belief is powered by dreams. My financial challenges for higher education was covered by the Campus France India for two complete years through their scholarship program. I couldn't be grateful enough to them for their initiative to support students for higher education in France.

Et voila, I was there ready to begin a whole new shift in the perspectives I had before. Living and studying in Nantes transformed my approach to life and helped to be more passionate in my journey. After moving to France, I experienced a culture completely opposite of what I was brought up in. (In a good way 😊). I always try to learn and it helped me understand life better. During these years from 2015 to 2017, I met students from other countries too and great fun with them as well. I realized that I am just a small speck of dust in time and space but I have the ability to make some impact. After doing my Internship at IFSTTAR, I was motivated enough to pursue research opportunity.

Well, I am there now,  as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie fellow, I am doing research at Dynatest International in Copenhagen, Denmark and a Ph.D. student at Nottingham Transport Engineering center. The project consortium is called SMARTI.  

Well, that is it, If you are up to here thank you for reading my post. I will be updating more on themes which have inspired me and obviously about the project. Please keep following my blog for that!

👋👋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Research Project